Losing My Soulmate

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 27 subscribers

My husband passed away July 25th so not even a week. I am absolutely devastated. He was eating Sunday lunch on the Sunday. It was all such a shock. He said last Monday morning he wasn’t feeling good, panicky more breathless etc. Before we knew it a syringe driver was set up and it took a whole 3 days until he passed. It was the most distressing thing I’ve ever seen. He was very agitated and every 2 hrs the nurses were arriving giving him more injections. I’m at a total loss, I told the doctor that he’d killed him.

Chris had stage 4 kidney cancer which had spread to his lungs and spine. Recently the tumours broke his hip and he had a nasty chest infection 

I’m so heartbroken Broken heart

Jo

• Hi Jo,

I am sorry I am only seeing this now. I am so so very sorry for your loss. You must be so devastated. All I can say is that we here in this group are there for you if you want to talk, to vent, to write about the thoughts and feelings you have... We are all in a similar situation here and do understand. Please write at any time. And it is good you have family and friends around you who can hopefully offer some support at this difficult time by being there and sharing your grief.

Love, Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.