Saturday night alone

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Sat on my own watching some sports on tv ...hope everyone else is ok and if you not sending you a hug .stay strong x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi most nights the same...

How are you?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Just the same fed up lonely but trying to keep busy how are you x

• FormerMember

It's better in the day can do more. I got  out in the garden this morning which is a good distraction. Hope you are sleeping better? Eating ok? Is it soon you have counselling I go this week. Hope there's  sunshine in your day.

• FormerMember

Yeah i find going in the garden peaceful ...i sleeping bit better ..eating ok ...i have counselling this week ,feeling abit scared of it dont know why ...the person who im seeing is called linzi,,,dont know if that freaked me out abit ..but i dont know what to expect ..i keep thinking im gonna get angry when i go ,but im just trying not to over think it ..hope theres sunshine in your day too 

• It’s good you have a peaceful place to go to in the garden and well done for going for counselling.  I would imagine knowing your counsellor was also called Linzi would freak you out a bit, but don’t expect too much of that.  Just go with what happens, I hope you don’t get angry after all, they are trying to help you, but it’s also not good trying to suppress how you feel.  Take it one moment at a time and get as much as you can from it,but don’t expect too much from your first session.  I hope it helps.  Let us know love Dolly xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to likido

X

• Hi Peter,

I did go out last night with a friend - just a walk down the peer and a cup of tea afterwards. In the first weeks after my husband's death, I always arranged it so that I would not be at home and especially not be alone on a Saturday night. It was hard every night but particularly hard on a Saturday night as we had always been looking forward to Saturday nights and would have either watched a film or listened to a podcast or, when he had still been well, we would have gone out. I found it just very hard to be without him on Saturday nights. But over time I got used to it, like to everything else I suppose, and then it started to happen that my friends would start asking me if I was available to go out on Saturdays. Nowadays, I am sometimes home and sometimes not.

Well done on getting the appointment for counselling, and I really hope that you will find it beneficial. But try and go without expectations. And when you are there, just be yourself and be open to the process.

I am also glad to hear you are sleeping a little better and eating okay. It sounds like you are doing okay at the moment, well, as okay as can be expected under the circumstances.

Best wishes

Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.