DOES TIME HEAL

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 30 replies
  • 26 subscribers
Hi just a simple question DOES TIME HEAL or do we learn to live without. each day that passes is one day further down that road to becoming ourselfs again ,yes a different us but that special one is always in our thoughts with us in our love.they never go away.so does time heal or are we getting better at coping .interested in your thought peter hugs all round.
  • Oh donna she does not sound like a very nice person. More like someone who is out for what she can get but hard to judge without actually knowing her.
    Try to put that episode behind you and remember no-one can take away the memories in your head.
    I know what you mean about cuddles and hugs and guidance. Love and angel hugs, Patricia x x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello Pat,

Her actions have made me understand that it wasn't always one sided. After I posted on here I sat and typed the events down so that I was clear in my own mind what had actually happened, but found yesterday a very long day indeed. At least today so far I feel more at peace with things.

Two weeks today go to Devon for five days sharing twin room with friend which I'm not too sure about, but panic will no doubt set in. She's used to travelling alone, but now she's older was looking for travel companion so hope it works because then we can try abroad - we both fancy America, but it's very early days yet.

Today although it's BH Monday trying to treat it as a normal day, trouble is I usually go to Bereavement Group, so feel a bit lost. Cannot imagine what Xmas holidays will be like. How have you all coped with this Bank Holiday? Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks for hugs - Don always said I would miss his when he was gone - how right he was. Love to all. Donna
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Morning everyone

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Donna, I suppose we just expect everyone to be like us but they`re not xxx

I`m going out with son and daughter today to a music festival in Liverpool, Paul and I have been a couple of times in past years. I was thinking of not going but then what else would I do so I`m going for it!!! Weather not looking promising but what`s a bit of rain?? I`m back at work on Thursday after the 6 weeks hols, I`ve enjoyed them seeing as how 6 weeks I couldn`t imagine coping with being off for so long. Crazy isn`t it? I worried about going back to work after Paul died and then I was worrying about being off???

Hope everyone has a good day

Helen xxx
  • Donna, good luck with the forthcoming trip I hope it goes well for you. I have been invited to go on a trip to \london with some friends but am unsure as to whether or not I will go as my emotions are so unstable. Oh well we shall see. (Donna please call me Tricia, Trisha, Trish, etc but not Pat I feel as though you are talking to someone else lol) x x
    Hope the rest of the Bank holiday is not too daunting for you all. I am soon to go buy the paint to finish off my bathroom ceiling. (not very exciting but needs doing).
    Love and angel hugs x xPatricia x x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your support over this tricky time. Yesterday made a point of doing different things so felt better, but thoughts about step daughter came back during the evening. Anyway managed hour and half in the garden so it's a bit tidier and gave me some much needed Vitamin D & fresh air. Also purchased TomTom which I was assured would be easy to set up. So far only had it out of the box until I have time to experiment - love a challange.

Tricia - sorry about name. Did you manage to finish your bathroom ceiling? Afraid I cheated and had the decorator in.

Helen I hope you enjoyed music festival. Always a bit worrying wondering what new children will be in class, but you will soon be back at work and in the swing of things. I always did school finance and dreaded when schools went back because I was soon extremely busy and terms just slipped by and really needed the holidays to catch up. Now I don't even know when our schools go back. Still toying whether I should think about job (if I can get one again), or voluntary work. If you can, say you will go to London with your friends. I'm saying I will do things even though in my heart I don't want to and just hope everything works out, I have a friendship group lunch coming up Sunday (part of Hospice) and so far trying not to think about it.

Love to all. Donna

• Hello Donna, No problems over the name just feels more comfortable with familiar names lol. No i never did finish the bathroom ceiling as spent all afternoon watching tv. Not done that for a long time. Will have to do it in the morning when I get up. You mentioned a TomTom. My 82 year old dad bought one recently and has just travelled from Leeds to Dorset then on to London and then to Southend and back up to Leeds using the satelite navigation system. He found it really helpful and has been enthusing about it ever since.
    Hope you enjoy the friendship group on Sunday. Love and angel hugs x x Patrica x x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello Trisia,

I feel awful now, your 82 year old Dad put me to shame - at least he managed to travel with his Sat Nav. I was told it was simple to download updates from computer and have just finished after a full day. For some reason it kept stopping and eventually ended up wiping the lot so it didn't even switch on properly - even it didn't want to talk to me. Had to reset and reload everything. Short telephone call and lots of trial and error on website helped me. Tomorrow I may even try and drive somewhere using it. Now when I switch it on it's convinced I need to turn left and right before I reach my destination. I thought I was already here!

Kept me out of mischief all day. Hopefully that is the hard part over and I can now enjoy driving.

It's good you managed to watch some TV. I never seem to do what I planned unless it is an appointment somewhere. Seem to drift from one thing to another. Love Donna
  • that problem with turning left then right is the same one dad has if he has the car near a particular road. it confuses the satelite and tells you to go up the street turn left, turn left, turn left and then reaches destination lol they are not exactly foolproof. Dad did not download stuff, my niece did it and had problems and wiped the whole thing so you are not alone. Happy driving. and if you decide to check the route on the machine before travelling it only shows som much of the route then goes back to begining. something to do with energy saving.
    I rarely actually get anything done either coz I too drift from one thing to another. We will get there though. It will just take time. The thing is no-one can say how much time though.
    Take care donna and well done with the tomtom x x Patricia x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello Trisia,

How quickly things change, last night went to bed feeling very down for some reason and this morning feel uptight as if something is about to happen, trouble is. usually my intuition is spot on. Very aware it's 15 weeks today when my darling husband died and already had some unexpected tears when talking to a neighbour about something totally unrelated - now where did they spring from? Needless to say, nothing is getting done. Must really try and go out somewhere today, but feel more like shutting up and going to bed. Donna
  • Donna, I feel for you love. The tears do spring from no-where. I am 26th weeks in and till experiencing those strong emotions. It is just a matter of time. I still find I want to hibernate and hide away from the world but am aware that this is not good for me. I do go out but am quite happy to stay home alone. That way it does not matter if I cry or feel sad (which I often do). One day at a time Donna. I hope today is not as bad as you are expecting. Love and angel hugs x x Patricia x x