feeling good

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 25 subscribers
Now this going to hardbut if anyone can remember the first time you felt good about yourself,we;ve all been through so much feelings upside down,hurt lonliness ,that's the killer try to remember that fist time ,with me it was meeting a new very special friend for just one day i felt whole again the little things.you all know what i mean.so lets see if anyone can spread alittle of themselfs to help others.eager to read your stories.peter hugs to all
  • Sorry peter but yet to feel good about anything I do. My life seems so worthless now but hopefully that will change. I will keep you posted. x x Love and Angel Hugs x x Patricia x x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Time will allow you good moments you will win don't worry patricia . hugs peter
  • Still waiting for the day when I will find something to feel good about x x x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I did feel good about something on Monday, my son passed his driving test and he was so pleased and it reminded me how excited I was when I passed. Paul would have been proud of him xxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    GREATnews helen i'm pleased for you carry on there will be more days like that.hugs peter
  • Well Peter, I am still waiting to feel good.  I go through the motions of life but that is all. I have enjoyed things but that does not make me feel good. The reason for this?  Because I no longer have Ray.  I hope that you are having some 'feel good' days x x Patricia x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to foreveryours

Patricia,

I'm still early in the process. My wife passed just over two weeks ago. I'm afraid that I may not have seen the worst yet. However, I am trying to get my life as back to 'normal', whatever that may be going forward, as possible. 

I returned to work three days ago and while it's difficult because a whole new set of people are coming up to me to express their condolences and support it also allows my mind time to focus on something else. Yesterday something different occurred. Without realizing it I was smiling and laughing a little bit while talking with a colleague. 

If I can try offering you some advice - give yourself permission to have moments of lightness. In the dark cloud that surrounds us as a  result of losing someone we love so much it's OK to still be yourself. I suspect you hardly feel like singing and dancing with Ray gone but I'm hopeful (for both you and me) that at least being able to 'feel good' a little bit at a time every now and then will eventually lead to feeling good more often for longer periods of time.

Best wishes

• Dear Lostfish,

Thank you for your post. I am so sorry you find yourself in this situation. It is not easy at first but as time goes by you do, as you say, find yourself smiling at times. It is hard to do this without some feelings of guilt. There is no reason to feel guilty though and I am gad you have realised this. If you read the date on my post you will realise that it was written 10 years ago so I am much further along this journey than you perhaps thought. 

It is very early days for you so I am pleased that you are finding work a distraction. I found that I took things day by day and at times hour by hour or minute by minute. No two days were the same. It is important to have a good support network and to be able to talk about how you are feeling. I hope you have the support of family and friends (should you want or need it).

Best wishes,

Patricia.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to foreveryours

Patricia,

Thank you. I did miss that your post was 10 years old! 

I am fortunate to have a good support network and I'm not afraid to lean on them.

• Dear Lostfish,

I am so pleased to hear that you have a good support network. I was (and am) very fortunate in that sense too. It is a long, winding and rocky road at first but does get easier as time goes on. How much time is an individual thing and personal to each and every one of us. Even now, I sometimes find the road a little too rocky for my liking but I also find it easier to 'recover' from those times now. I do hope that in the coming weeks and months yu can be kind to yourself and allow yourself the time you need to grieve whilst forging a new 'normal' for yourself.

Best wishes,

Patricia. xx