Lost partner now my close uncle has advanced stage cancer

• 1 reply
  • 14 subscribers

Just had terrible news that a very close uncle who lives in a bungalow across the road to my mam has been taken into hospital just on Friday. 

Our family have a very close bond ,this is my mams brothers,one lives same street as my mam and the other lives a distance away in sudbury Suffolk. 

My mams brothers are 70 upwards but still lived a very active life.

My uncle living near my mam always used to call every morning before he would bus it to Newcastle City centre and have a walk ,and would always pick something up for one of us but it would be something you would never think of buying.

He is  so old school and says he never watches the TV and only listens to the (not radio) the wireless. He was so stuck in his way's. 

He is such a top guy though. 

Well for months he has been complaining of a bad back and as his back was sore I have not seen him for a while as he wouldn't stay long at my mams.

I was just getting the news from my mam and she was worried it was getting  worse.

Well I go to my mams every Sunday unless I am to tired with not sleeping properly. 

I hadn't see  my uncle for a while and my mam wanted me to go up to help her bring him down for a Sunday dinner.

I was absolutely shocked. The weight had dropped off him and his movement was very restricted.

He had lost a good few stone and he was quite off balanced ,so he needed us to get him down to my mams.

It was then my mam said the doctor was worried it could be cancer.

I can't take this,I'm still dealing with losing my partner with stage 4 cervical cancer and now another family member.

I live a good drive away from my mams so I WhatsApp with her everyday. 

Got text yesterday that he was took into hospital Thursday evening. 

He has had a scan and a session of radiotherapy and a shocking development.

The tumour or growth has fractured his spine.

All that time with his back pain .

Well ,according to my mam,it is realistic he won't get back home.

I dont want to think that way.

My mam is very upset.

Apart from my partner ,we have had no other family passing since my nana in 1980's.

My life is not worth living at moment since the passing of my partner I definitely have had such a long period of bad ,rotten luck .

I can't imagine my state of mind if I don't go to the place up above before anything happens to my mam or dad.

I won't be able to take the  pressure of losing someone else. 

I thought your later years were your best years.

Not for me ,Life sucks. 

• Hi  

So sorry to hear what you have been going through, it can seem at times like life has a habit of kicking us while we are down.

Have you spoken to your GP about your sleeping, I know all too well how not getting good sleep rapidly makes me ill and that is not helpful to anyone.

For now of course your uncle will be getting the best care possible.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge