New here lost my mum in June :(

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

i lost my mum suddenly in June after a short battle with cancer, we were so close and I'm struggling to carry on each day, everyone keeps talking about Christmas and i cant think of anything worse at the moment, I feel so alone and lost now she was more than my mum i know we all say it but she was my best friend too 

• Hello AVH1977

Welcome to the online community, it is very difficult to place your first post sometimes, but it shows how strong you are, to have done so.

My condolences on the loss of your Mum, back in June, after a short battle with cancer, I can empathise with you, as I lost my Dad, in April, after a diagnosis in Dec 2020. 

I find the hardest thing now for me, is hearing him, I try to replay his voice in my mind, I can see him, as clear as day, but his voice is just my voice and I miss his voice desperately.  

With Christmas coming, I acknowledge that it would also have been Dad's birthday on December 27th, so it is a tough time, and there are no real words that I can give you, that will ease your loss or sadness.  It is very early days yet, and that is because throughout June and July you would have had so many things to do/organise, August would have still seen people hearing the news, but we are a few months in and others have returned to their normality, but we carry on with our loss, because the pain is so raw, so deep, so indescribable. 

This SECTION of Macmillan provides additional help for those who are bereaved, it may be of some small use to you, I hope it is, it also provides you with details of how to get support both over the phone and online. 

If you would like to chat, I am around most times, and although I am a stranger, I do understand how it feels to lose a parent, we are all different and grieve in our own way, but we are all here to support you. 

Take care

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • Hi

i lost my mum on may 31st, 3 months and 18 days after she was diagnosed with stomach cancer. I am devastated. Perhaps more than at the beginning. I struggle to believe that being without her is foreEvr. Her house sells on Friday, the last real job I had to do to fill my time and stop thinking about the fact she is gone. On a day to day basis I cope well, but I am desolate really. I once heard someone say 6 months after Is the worst and I can well believe it, I certainly hope so as it may improve. I miss my mum so much. I appreciate none of this helps you but I just wanted you to know you’re nott alone really, lots of us going through the same with Christmas coming, Thanks to bloody cancer Rage