I'm Getting There

• Option's

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I went to UCHL yesterday to see Professor Kelly. I always get a bad feeling when I have an appointment to see consultant's. they have never told me anything positive. It now seem's my bladder has attached Itself to my rectum. making It even more difficult to remove. one option Is to remove my bowel along with my bladder another Is to leave my bladder along with the tumour but I can't see how this can be done because they…

• When I lived

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My cancer has returned. and they are going to take my bladder away and I will have a bag. they have even given me a practice one to wear. I must fill It with water too so that I can get used to emptying It and walking about with It.....sleeping with It. I will do It. I will get used to It. I now have a growth In my chest. they are watching It. saying It Isn't getting any bigger. I never ever thought I of all people…

• UCHL

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I finally got my appointment at UCHL It was Friday just gone. I was called on the phone at 6.30 Thursday night. a total surprise. "It's a nice hospital". I saw Professor Kelly but my consultant did not turn up. but this Professor was totally human. I liked him Instantly. he answered all my question's without sounding like. well like a consultant. I will be going In sometime this week so that he can "take a look Inside…

• What Is going on

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today. I should have been attending UCHL. to be assessed for a Cystectomy. all week I have been waiting for a phone call or letter confirming this appointment. none came. so I took It upon myself to find out why. 

My god! what a fiasco. I phoned UCHL to find out why I had not been Informed about the appointment. they had never heard of me. they put me through to the clinic. they had never heard of me. after two hour's…

• The battle continue's

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I did not think I would be back here. I actually thought I was cured. I was wrong. I saw my consultant last Thursday. she told me that the dead tissue they had found was In fact a tumour. four TURBT'S IN TEN MONTH'S. six week's of radiotherapy. all a waste of time. I agreed at the outset to have my bladder removed. now they are talking about salvage surgery. the removal of my bladder. If this had been done at the outset…