The oesophagus has to go... And associated dribbling!

• Cycle 3 - CT Scan and Beyond....

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I’m searching for synonyms; This experience isn’t a rollercoaster – it’s up and down… but not in any sort of exciting fashion; there are quite a few hurdles... that race is nowhere near long enough; uphill struggle sounds about right – apart from the struggle which doesn’t apply and it’s such a dull and negative word in this context.
    I’ve come up with fell running – which is an endurance game… quite hilly… calls…
  • Cycle 2 - A cautionary tale of constipation in the wilderness…

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have gone into this in a fair amount of detail as – to me – even having been around for 53 years, it was an experience shrouded in some mystery – but worth exposing – as it’s not something I would wish on anyone in the vicinity.... I have been delicate, but,  you have been warned….

I have no idea how long it had been building up for - possibly weeks – I thought I was “going” quite…

• A day of Cisplatin followed by 5FU – in a pump – to take out….

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Another day in the chair - in the time it had taken to say hello to Pete, taken my Emend anti Emetic pill, fended off a barrage of tea offers and logged into the network, I was half way through my fluids, intravenous anti Emetic and wotnot – with just about enough time to spare for an episode of “Breaking Bad” before getting into the Cisplatin Chemo drug for 3 hours…

That whistled past – with…

• Taking Stock – Observations from Cycle 1 – Cisplatin and Intravenous 5FU

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The first thing I thought looking back at Cycle 1, is that I was actually a lot rougher, following the Chemo, than I felt at the time… put another way, I think that by the end of the Cycle, I was feeling an awful lot better than what I felt had become the norm, when coming into treatment… To say this another way; when I was in agonies of acid indigestion and back ache and a pain running up the right hand side of my chest…

• Chemotherapy - a day in the "hive"

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Hive" is what sprang to mind on entering the Chemo day centre at Shrewsbury... it consists of 24? cubicles with Layzee-boy style chairs, along with a drip, table, plug sockets and optional visitor chair - which are laid out around a central nursing and admin desk.   There are little trolleys of things which get wheeled about and magically filled up - along with mobile pc workstations....  

It is a very well oiled…