Watching helplessly

• Raw emotions

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had my first experience of how watching loved ones fighting cancer and going through treatment affects people emotions and perspectives. 

Her mum is obviously not coping at the moment and went from a woman and mother into a teenager having a screaming tantrum. 

I completely understand how something so small triggered such raw emotions but on the flip side I was so cross to see how her mum had upset her so much…

• Back to hospital

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After a weekend at home she had to go back early this morning to begin her new regime. 

5 days of continuous chemo to hit it where it hurts hopefully. Not sure what side effects she will have as it must be less strong but for a continuous time? We've had no information on why they have changed it or how the new regime works. 

I left her feeling tired but bright in herself with patchy hair. It's strange as I…

• The need to control

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a difficult nights sleep last night as I layed there worrying about her diet.  It's something I am unable to help with and I'm watching her eating foods that in my mind are not helping with her nutritional balance. 

I've started to write a recipe book to give to her parents - I'm hoping they won't take offense? 

• Hair cut

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This evening was time to have her hair cut. What was planned as a 3 week gradual thing slowly getting shorter turned into.... I think I will have it all cut off now. 

She sat there looking at her reflection in the window as her hair got shorter, then the clippers did the rest. 

I've never seen so much hair on the floor but yet so much was just falling out the night before. 

I'm glad in a way it's happened…

• From fit to chemo in 2 weeks

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So the last 3 weeks of my life have been life changing for me and even more so for the special person in my life. 

Only 32years old, going to boot camp fitness classes 3 times a week she began to get a cough. 

After a few days of nagging she finally got some cough medicine from the chemist but of course this didn't work. 

Whilst I was away I recieved a photo of her at the doctors on a nebuliser. In my mind…