The need to control

Less than one minute read time.

I had a difficult nights sleep last night as I layed there worrying about her diet.  It's something I am unable to help with and I'm watching her eating foods that in my mind are not helping with her nutritional balance. 

I've started to write a recipe book to give to her parents - I'm hoping they won't take offense? 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

This is really difficult as we are currently watching my mother in law not eat at all and pretty much wasting away. She has no appetite and every time we offer food she says no, Recently I have been offering her snacks like ice creams, chocolate bars anything that I think she would possibly fancy. None of it is of good nutrition but it has calories and that's the most important thing for us at the moment that she is eating something rather than nothing

I think maybe that's what her parents are doing just letting her eat something she fancies rather than not eat anything at all.

I don't know all the details of your situation, we are at end stages and probably totally different its hard though cause we all know that nutrition is so important but it has to be her choice I suppose.

Good luck hope all is well

Jai x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for your comments Jai. We are at the beginning of our journey so feel that I need to do my up most to help the situation through diet. So many people are telling me stories about beating it through diet. If only it was that simple.

Sending you lots of strength in supporting your mother in law. It sounds to me like your doing the right thing and finding things she can snack on, when the moment is there, that gives her the calories.

X