From fit to chemo in 2 weeks

1 minute read time.

So the last 3 weeks of my life have been life changing for me and even more so for the special person in my life. 

Only 32years old, going to boot camp fitness classes 3 times a week she began to get a cough. 

After a few days of nagging she finally got some cough medicine from the chemist but of course this didn't work. 

Whilst I was away I recieved a photo of her at the doctors on a nebuliser. In my mind I was saying to myself - I knew this would happen she doesn't look after herself. 

When I got home she had an irritating cough but was finding it very difficult to breath. 

When she finally went to the doctors the second time she was sent for an xray which showed her left lung full of fluid. 

She had to drive herself to the hospital to be admitted to emergency. 

Well from that day (3 weeks ago) it's all been a blur...... Going from being treated for pneumonia in isolation, biopsies, lung drains to being diagnosed with a large aggressive lymphoma tumour sat in the cavity next to her heart and trachea. 

She had 2 days to hear she had an aggressive tumour to then having her first chemo session because the tumour was fast growing and was large. It is putting pressure on her heart and her heart function was at 47%.

So we are all now past the first chemo session only to be told it hasn't worked as hoped and they are changing her regime. 

On Monday she is due to start a 5 day 24hrs a day chemo session then 21 days rest and so on so all things crossed this gets it! 

Anonymous