Mid life Cancer Crisis

• The last post

FormerMember
    FormerMember

No, I've not had a late relapse and about pass on to the other side or planning on killing myself in response to the UK deciding to leave the EU - that would be an amazing way of generating more page views though - at least I'd still be able to get to Dignitas in Switzerland ok, I can't imagine the EU ever passing a bill allowing Euthanasia.

The truth is I just don't have the time to continue with the…

• A week of progress and good news ( post dated)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

What a difference a week makes

After a week where nothing much happened (apart from the euros starting) and no significant improvements - frustrating but I'm sure I hid my disappointment well.... honest, this week has been full of positives:

• England won a game at the Euros..... Albeit against a tiny principality of 3 million people where half the squad don't even play top flight football.
    • I stopped…
  • Home time (post dated)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Checking out

After 13 nights, (a day early),  finally time to leave the Harley Street Clinic and head home – ironic given i now have the look of a homeless about me!

It would be easy to wax lyrical here about how wonderful all the staff/treatment was and how in a way I’m sad to leave the safety of the coccoon that’s got me through the last 2 weeks. Boll@cks to that, I can’t wait to get out of the place. Don’t get…

• Recovery - week 1 (post dated)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hallucinations, water boarding and class a drugs

Almost a week since surgery and although there has been huge progress, the brutality of this disease has become abundantly clear ( despite this version being one of the better cancers to get. ( based on very limited research on my behalf relating to death likelihood… So basically fact! ). You simply can’t get through it without equally brutal treatment. As a close friend…

• 24 hours to go: Sh#t just got real!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    24 hours to go – sh*t just got real!
    P1010139

Note on headline: This is not entirely true, I am currently eating pizza and drinking champagne whilst watching gogglebox, sh*t is actually very much the same as normal but I thought I would go sensationalist for more attention. Perhaps I’m in denial or perhaps the pragmatist in me realises that until I wake up at some point on Sunday/ Monday, there’s zero value in worrying…