Twenty something daughter of Mum with Breast Cancer

• The Night Before 2nd Course Of Chemo (Recap)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The night before the 2nd course of Chemotherapy..

The last 3 weeks have flown by for me, not so much for Mum. Her immune system took a heavy blow for her 1st course of Chemo. She felt completely knocked out for 9 days. We took her to the Hospital to get extra injections and tablets due to her very low White Blood Cell count. She couldn't walk 15 minutes to the shop without feeling knackered. On the 10th day it was like…

• 1st Course Of Chemotherapy 27.04.16

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today is the big day!

I took my Mum to the Hospital for her 1st course of Chemotherapy today at 2:30pm. She was hooked up nice and quickly as she had a PICC Line, it took around 3hours. The nurses and other patients were lovely and the atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly. A lot of patients were in great spirits with a few laughs here and there. The drugs used today were FEC/Do3+31. Mum was very relaxed during…
  • Wig Fitting 25.04.2016

FormerMember
    FormerMember

www.wigsuk.com/Home_WigsUK_Wigs 

Today I took my Mum to her wig fitting in Banbury at a place called - Postiche. The ladies who worked there were lovely. We were greeted with a smile and a cup of tea! 

The lady who looked after my Mum's appointment was brilliant, she had 20+ years experience as a hairdresser so she knew her stuff.

We were completely satisfied with the outcome of the wig. What we had anticipated…