Wig Fitting 25.04.2016

Less than one minute read time.

www.wigsuk.com/Home_WigsUK_Wigs 

Today I took my Mum to her wig fitting in Banbury at a place called - Postiche. The ladies who worked there were lovely. We were greeted with a smile and a cup of tea! 

The lady who looked after my Mum's appointment was brilliant, she had 20+ years experience as a hairdresser so she knew her stuff.

We were completely satisfied with the outcome of the wig. What we had anticipated to be yet another 'awful experience' in the world of Cancer/hair loss was absolutely fine and we were left thinking why on earth did we think it was going to be a traumatising experience?

I highly recommend Postiche if you are ever in need of a wig. Depending on your Hospital you can either get the Wig completely paid for or you get a discount.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I went there too for my wig. They are so professional and the wig I chose has served me really well. Loads of people said they couldn't tell - my neighbours all just thought I'd had my hair done! 

The hardest thing is deciding when to stop wearing it! I had my long hair cut short and donated it to the Little Princesses charity to be made into a child's wig. This meant I didn't have to wait so long after chemo for my hair to grow back to something like it was before. I'm still not quite there but I have decided to 'come out' without the wig - it was quite a big step for me. I never realised how much I felt my hair defined me. Even in hospital, where they'd all seen it all before, I would wear my wig all the time. I do admire people who can manage without a wig.

Wishing your mum all the best

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Frenzic,

I'm glad your visit was as successful as ours! What a lovely thing to do - donating your hair to a very worthy cause.

Fortunately my Mum has very short hair so it shouldn't be as traumatising if and when it falls out. When we were in the Aylesford Unit today there were a few women embracing the no hair look and that made my Mum think.. I can do that too, look how comfortable they are and not caring what people think about them having any hair.

It is amazing how everyday I feel I have to put my make up on and do my hair to look 'presentable' to a bunch of strangers! It's all about the inner beauty and having no hair doesn't make you any less of a woman.

I hope you're on the road to recovery.

Take Care & Keep Smiling