The Night Before 2nd Course Of Chemo (Recap)

1 minute read time.

The night before the 2nd course of Chemotherapy..

The last 3 weeks have flown by for me, not so much for Mum. Her immune system took a heavy blow for her 1st course of Chemo. She felt completely knocked out for 9 days. We took her to the Hospital to get extra injections and tablets due to her very low White Blood Cell count. She couldn't walk 15 minutes to the shop without feeling knackered. On the 10th day it was like someone had turned the light on, she was back to her normal self and even attended a Cancer Research Charity Ball with me and danced until 1:30am!

Mum has also thrown herself back into work, her sick note says she can do a maximum of 4hrs a day if she wants but she's been managing 7hrs most days! Work is great therapy for her, as it is for me too.

We planned a few nice days in like going out for dinner and going to the cinema, nothing too strenuous. Something to lift her spirits. As I write this it is the even of the 2nd course of Chemotherapy. We have been told that her Chemotherapy FEC/Do3+31 levels will be adjusted tomorrow so she shouldn't feel as rough as she did on her 1st course. She has also had another X Ray to double check that the dark areas that showed up on the Bone Scan were actually Arthritis and not Cancer.

As for her hair.. It started falling out on day 17, she hasn't decided to brave the bald yet as she has very short and fine hair anyway so if anything it just looks thinner. Spirits are still high and I've planned a surprise trip for her next 'good week' as a treat.

Take Care & Keep Smiling :) xx

Anonymous