Never thought this would happen to us

• Bad times

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well things have moved on a bit and now I am getting frightened. Got some pills for myself but have been unable to take them because if I do, I can't drive. It's now Wednesday. On Saturday I called the oncology help line as Pete was so ill. He was taken in to hospital as an emergency, 8 hours to be admitted, spent 36 hours in a hell-hole called the Acute Medical Unit, a windowless chaotic basement. They eventually shoved…

• Feels like things are moving too fast

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just feels like everything is going downhill at the moment. Three weeks ago tomorrow, Pete had his CyberKnife treatment on his brain mets. Two days before that we had a lovely walk with the dogs, only 40 minutes along the canal but really lovely. A few days after the procedure we went out for a quiet drink, only for an hour. Since then he has not left the house unless for medical appointments. In three weeks he has become…

• Getting up to date

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Been thinking about doing this for a while now. I'm not someone who writes diaries and I've never done a blog before, but somehow it feels that the time is right, as things seem to be moving a little faster and I am finally coming to realise that we are very unlikely to walk away from this together. Perhaps up till now a little part of me has felt that writing things down would make them real?

A resume…