GBM grade 4 - the journey

• Heartwarming and heartbreaking

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My wife, Barbara came home from Hospital on Saturday. She had become very unsettled in Hospital and had started to FaceTime family late at night. She Facetimed her sister in Switzerland to say that she had been abandoned in a cafe. She Facetimed several members of our family including our son and daughter and myself. She often spoken in conspiratorial whispers to say that half her stuff had gone missing; that we wouldn…

• MRI Scan for Brain tumour.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just 2 months ago we had a very encouraging MRI scan for my wife Barbara. The results showed a brightness around the site of the operation but the experts felt that was indicative of post operative activity rather than the return of the tumour. That was encouraging and Barbara was elated. That was November - now in January following 3 seizures she has had another  MRI which reveals that the tumour has returned. This is…

• MRI Scan

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just 2 months ago we had a very encouraging MRI scan for my wife Barbara. The results showed a brightness around the site of the operation but the experts felt that was indicative of post operative activity rather than the return of the tumour. That was encouraging and Barbara was elated. That was November - now in January following 3 seizures she has had another  MRI which reveals that the tumour has returned. This is…

• Confusion

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My wife had debunking operation 12 months ago. We read stories of longevity and journeyed in hope. It has been a tough year. There have been bright spots like a family holiday with our children and grand children. Short term memory problems have been an issue since diagnosis and so has confusion.

We hoped that radiotherapy and chemotherapy would significantly slow the advance of the disease. My wife was physically strong…