Heartwarming and heartbreaking

1 minute read time.

My wife, Barbara came home from Hospital on Saturday. She had become very unsettled in Hospital and had started to FaceTime family late at night. She Facetimed her sister in Switzerland to say that she had been abandoned in a cafe. She Facetimed several members of our family including our son and daughter and myself. She often spoken in conspiratorial whispers to say that half her stuff had gone missing; that we wouldn't belief what was happen and and that staff were hitting her. This was all part of her paranoia that is a product of this hateful disease.

One of those late night FaceTime calls was different from the rest. It was to my daughter and Sarah said her Mum was calm and made complete sense. She was asking about going home. She said that if people visit they need to look after her not her looking after them. She asked if Sarah was ok with the short of time she had left. She sad that having months s better than having weeks and it means we can all spend time together. Barbara told Sarah that she loved her and that she must look after herself.

Sarah said it was both heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.

Well now she is home and we are trying to give life some normal shape again.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Barbara is very lucky to have your love and support, to leave a life with love from your family sounds like the best of a truely mad situation and when my time comes I know I will receive the same, I hope I too have some clarity.

I wish you love and strength for what lies ahead.

Lilac