Confusion

Less than one minute read time.

My wife had debunking operation 12 months ago. We read stories of longevity and journeyed in hope. It has been a tough year. There have been bright spots like a family holiday with our children and grand children. Short term memory problems have been an issue since diagnosis and so has confusion.

We hoped that radiotherapy and chemotherapy would significantly slow the advance of the disease. My wife was physically strong. On the day she took ill and was blue lighted to Hospital she had completed the Park run as she did every Saturday morning. It's a 5k race that takes place in parks all over the courtry every Saturday morning. As usual she was first in her age category (64) - that same evening she was fighting for her life through 7 devastating seizures. Life throws some very unwelcome curved balls!

Now she is back in Hospital after 3 more seizures. This has been a very serious set back in terms of her understanding and congnitve skills. I still remain hopeful as we anticipate the next MRI scan which should take place tomorrow.

Anonymous