Dear Dom...

• Dear Dom

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's been a while. My head is fucked. I can't see through the tears and the darkness. I have messed up so much recently, thinking I am better and more able than I am. I'm not. 

I still haven't been able to find work. I am relying on others and I feel their patience is running thin. I hate this - I have no use, no purpose, no reason to live. My car has been in the garage for a month and will cost more than I…

• I am Lost

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It is the worst feeling in the world that the only person who would be able to help me through this is the person I am mourning. I miss my fiance more than anything, and I am so incredibly lonely. I have family and others around me offering to give support but it is mainly empty words; "I am here for you" - no you're not. They would not be there for me if I had explained every little thing on my mind, all the hardships…

• A Steak Dinner

FormerMember
    FormerMember

You hated steak. And tonight I'm sitting with your family about to enjoy a steak dinner, and I feel terrible about it. I feel like we are 'making the most of you being gone - I know that's what you should be doing but I don't feel ready to make something so positive of this yet. 

• Funeral Dress Shopping

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I never thought a day of shopping could be so dreary. I know a funeral is to celebrate your life but I'm overwhelmed with the feeling that it's wrong. I've ordered some dresses in your favourite colour, I'm hoping you'd love me in them - just for a different reason than why I brought them. 

I'm missing you so incredibly badly, you always accompanied me shopping and when walking around the shopping centre…

• My First Night

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Dom,

You passed away this morning and tonight is my first night sleeping without you. I feel lost. This bed is too big for just me, and I'm sleeping on your side of the bed to try to feel closer to you. I think if I can't relax I'll get your hoody and try to cuddle up with it. I miss you so much my love, it's crazy. It is truly insane that all this has happened. I feel like I'm stuck in a dream, and you will…