Dear Dom

Less than one minute read time.

It's been a while. My head is fucked. I can't see through the tears and the darkness. I have messed up so much recently, thinking I am better and more able than I am. I'm not. 

I still haven't been able to find work. I am relying on others and I feel their patience is running thin. I hate this - I have no use, no purpose, no reason to live. My car has been in the garage for a month and will cost more than I have, so once again I am relying on others. I feel so guilty. Is there any point in me being alive? Doesn't feel like it. 

My family does not understand, with some even having a go at me when I've told them I'm suicidal. I can't help it. Being angry at me will make me more likely to do it as it makes me think I am even more alone. Nobody has time for me, or time to deal with me and my problems. 

I'm not going to be here much longer. Nobody is helping or taking me seriously. I feel ill.

Anonymous
  • Hi Caitlin ,

Just wanted to let you know that I care that your missing Don so much and feel adrift . Very hard time you are having . 

I don’t want to intrude in your writing but please reach out to people who do care . Macmillan helpline 0808 808 0000 will chat this through with you . There is also the Samaritans or your GP . Please don’t suffer alone . 

Take care,

Court 

• Caitlin,

I too care that though you gave your everything in helping, loving and caring for Don that life seems impossibly difficult now. Open up some good memories from your past with Don. And hold a conversation openly or in your head with him. You know exactly what he would say to you and what he would want for you.

Use that number or call the Samaritans. Being brave enough to chat to others is a great step forward. These people wont be angry with you at all, your family may be angry as they have no answers for you and cannot find answers for you. So please go to the people who will talk you through all your options and give a caring supportive hand

I so hope that by parking those dark thoughts here you have been able to move on in a good way or you seek adice as we have suggested

Take care and do post again if you need to park those dark thoughts

Leoaldy56