I am Lost

Less than one minute read time.

It is the worst feeling in the world that the only person who would be able to help me through this is the person I am mourning. I miss my fiance more than anything, and I am so incredibly lonely. I have family and others around me offering to give support but it is mainly empty words; "I am here for you" - no you're not. They would not be there for me if I had explained every little thing on my mind, all the hardships I have gone through all year. None of them have any clue what I went through and they would never understand. Nobody can understand the what is going through my head when at 19 I'm helping my fiance go to the toilet and wiping him, I'm spoon feeding him, I'm checking him for pressure sores. They will pretend to understand but they most likely never even begin to understand it. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

U seem like an incredible person for someone so young mist people ur age would have left as soon as they heard the word cancer but u stayed and you can be so proud of urself and I'm sure ur fiancé was so proud and privileged to have u by his side. I know it would not have been easy for the last week of my husbands life I had to wash him but had to b careful cos I couldn't move him as his tumour was attached to the main artery I'm his neck and any movement could have caused it to bleed out we did what we could for the ones we loved and no one only us will know exactly what we did

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you. i know what you mean when you say that people say Anything anytime and you maybe think no that's not true. I am amazed by your strength and your courage. No-one can know what you went through and I know exactly what you mean as I am in that same position now. People living near to us especially one couple have been so lovely with me and they are a great comfort to me. My family don't want to know us so it's mainly friends who are helping. I am sending you love and hugs and hope that you will keep in touch as i would like to be supportive. if you don't want to I understand xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I appreciate your love and dedication toward your fiancée. People will simply show you some empathy, but when it comes to actual help, they aren’t there. You need to be real strong at this point of time. Train your mind and seek emotional help from a professional. Although it’s difficult, you need to find ways to cope up this loneliness and sadness.