Stomach cancer

• Sis died now brother dying from spreading same type of skin cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone.anyone eh!!.My so loved sis died in June this year 2018. Comfortably in St Leonard's hospital York.What an oasis in the life that all there either facing final time of life or in for respite care.Sis did manage to come home for a while and I had time with her as she slowly slept and held my hand. Finally the care needed was provided.After the disastrous time previously I was dreading needing help but this…

• Stomach cancer, stent inserted.Leaving Hospice and coming home!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

23/3/18 My Sis went into hospice for some respite care.She was spitting up white froth and gagging every few minutes.So a stent was inserted 7/4/18 and that did stop the spitting up and gagging.But it is painful for Sis all time where stent was inserted, she says only time she is without pain is when she is asleep Hospice say this should get easier,but I have my doubts,though I will not pass my doubts on to Sis.Drinking…

• Support in the community

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry this is a long one so grab a cuppa!!!  My sis was diagnosed early December 2018 with stomach cancer.Was told that if surgery was her choice due to heart and kidney problems she would probably die on the operating table. So palliative care was started.I am starting this blog 3 months after the initial diagnosis.Sis has been so accepting of the cancer.Early on sis was getting pain relief from very bad arthritis due…