My CLL Story....

• 2nd Cycle of FCR Chemotherapy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My 2nd cycle was delayed a week because my bloods hadn’t recovered enough, which apparently is quite common. I received an injection to boost my Bloods last week and I successfully started my 2nd cycle yesterday.

I’ve been feeling really good. Apart from around 9 days during the first cycle I’ve been feeling normal. It feels so good to know my lumps have reduced. My wbc are at 2.7

I know this week I will feel…

• End of week 1

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It’s been a pretty tough week, but I’m definitely feeling like I’m through it and have come out the other side feeling good.

I went in to hospital to start my FCR on Monday and had a reaction to the Rituximab. Apparently it’s quite common, although me being me I decided to have a severe reaction. My blood pressure dropped suddenly and I passed out. I was kept in overnight for monitoring and was restarted on Tuesday…

• The night before treatment begins...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am 43 years old and was diagnosed with CLL just over 2 years ago. Last week my consultant decided it was time to start treatment. 

I feel good at the moment and have been living a pretty normal life for the last couple of years. My only symptoms have been higher blood count and a large number of lymph nodes visible, in my neck, groin and under my arms. I’m a wee bit more tired these days too. 

Consultant…