Susan's story...

• The long bleeding wait for results!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It was going to be hard waiting 4 weeks for the results of the Hysteroscopy. I made a note on my calendar to expect a call by 17th November and tried to forget about it.

I had been told to expect to bleed 'no heavier than a period used to be' for a few days and this I did and it seemed to stop normally.. for about a day! Then I passed a large clot and was bleeding heavily (soaking a pad in 2 hours) and passing large clots…

• The Biopsy - Oct 2017

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well the appointment came on time and I turned up on the day, it was all very civilised and screened so I could not see what was happening and I didn't feel a thing.

The worst part was the nurse who kept patting my hand and telling me how much she screamed and swore when she had the same thing done! 

In due time I received the results, I had a condition known as complex hyperplasia which meant they had found some abnormal…

• The CANCER CONVERSATION September 2017

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So.. 

I arrived at the GP's to chat about the fibroids. He was very reassuring, fibroids are very common and mine were only small and it was usual practice to leave them be unless they were large enough to cause problems. I was about to leave when I noticed on the screen results that the endometrial thickening had also been flagged. 

The GP said he wasn't too worried about this but could arrange for further investigation…

• In the beginning... February 2017

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was just sooo tired.. 

Since February this year I have been seeing my GP and although he found me to be B12 deficient and started me on injections for this there was no real sustained improvement so I kept returning asking him to check this or that vitamin, thyroid etc.

Whilst on the loading injections for B12 i was surprised to experience a period almost a year since my last one. Hubby was amused, he said it showed…