In the beginning... February 2017

1 minute read time.

I was just sooo tired.. 

Since February this year I have been seeing my GP and although he found me to be B12 deficient and started me on injections for this there was no real sustained improvement so I kept returning asking him to check this or that vitamin, thyroid etc.

Whilst on the loading injections for B12 i was surprised to experience a period almost a year since my last one. Hubby was amused, he said it showed things were still working properly :) I mentioned this to the nurse asking if it could be the B12 - she didn't think so but probably nothing to worry about. She said if it was OVER a year then maybe get it checked out.

Some months later after continued pestering of the GP's blood tests showed raised infection markers, and one of the GPs arranged for me to have a pelvic ultrasound. 

The person who performed this told me at the time that she had found a thickened endometrial lining. She said it was up to the GP whether any action was needed for this.

A few days later I checked with the surgery for the results and was told I had fibroids. No further action was recommended but I could see the GP to discuss if I liked. 

Anonymous