The long bleeding wait for results!

1 minute read time.

It was going to be hard waiting 4 weeks for the results of the Hysteroscopy. I made a note on my calendar to expect a call by 17th November and tried to forget about it.

I had been told to expect to bleed 'no heavier than a period used to be' for a few days and this I did and it seemed to stop normally.. for about a day! Then I passed a large clot and was bleeding heavily (soaking a pad in 2 hours) and passing large clots for the next two weeks.

The information the hospital gave me said to call the helpline if i had heavy bleeding or large clots so I did that and they said check with the GP, the GP said 'what do you want me to check?' I managed to get some swabs off her to check for infection (came back clear) but she wasn't worried. So time passed and I started to feel weak and shakey to the point I had to take time off work. I called the GP to ask about possible anemia because of the bleeding and he arranged blood tests. I called the helpline again and was advised to call the surgeon's secretary. I did so, we had a chat and she said she would get the surgeon to call me back. We are now 3 weeks in to the waiting period so I was surprised to get a call back to say the surgeon had reviewed my results and would I be able to call in the following day for a chat.

Anonymous