What if?

• The Result

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had the results on Tuesday. It is breast cancer. Will need to have operation to remove lump then radiotherapy. It was that or mastectomy and I chose lump removal/radiotherapy. I mentioned my continuing sore chest (sternum) and now shoulder pain. The consultant asked me to sit on bed. Did some prodding and then suggested a bone scan to rule anything like that out. The tumour is grade 3. On Tuesday I was told I wouldn't…

• Lock and Key

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've had the mammogram, the ultrasound and a biopsy.  I have the results on Tuesday. The consultant told me after the tests that  unfortunately they think there is a cause for concern with the lump, and also I have calcifications in both breasts which they will need to consider, but let's wait for the biopsy result first. I told him I feel unwell - constantly lightheaded and tired. I also mentioned my chest pain. "Oh…

• The start of something

FormerMember
    FormerMember

One Sunday a few weeks ago I started getting chest pains. Husband feared heart attack. I was less concerned. I wasn't grey or sweating and my Fitbit seemed happy enough. But my chest felt tight and heavy. I rang the NHS health line and they decided it warranted paramedics. They took me into hospital for blood tests, X-rays and an ecg. All fine. Just some inflammation. Facebook friends diagnosed Costochondritis. I'd never…