The Result

1 minute read time.

Had the results on Tuesday. It is breast cancer. Will need to have operation to remove lump then radiotherapy. It was that or mastectomy and I chose lump removal/radiotherapy. I mentioned my continuing sore chest (sternum) and now shoulder pain. The consultant asked me to sit on bed. Did some prodding and then suggested a bone scan to rule anything like that out. The tumour is grade 3. On Tuesday I was told I wouldn't know if I needed chemo until sample checked after op but things have moved on now (see below). No sign of lymph node involvement on scan but they will take a sample during op to check as scan not 100%.

That was Tuesday. Today though (Thurs) I saw breast nurse and found out my tumour is oestrogen & progesterone negative but her2 positive. This means I can be given herceptin but this in turn means I am now definitely having chemotherapy. 

I have pre-op assessment tomorrow, bone scan Monday, bone scan results Thurs and operation provisionally booked for week Monday unless anything shows on the bone scan. The whole thing is surreal. I feel numb. Have decided to carry on blogging but over on my Wordpress site https://cutscenesblog.wordpress.com  so this will be my last blog here. Good luck and best wishes to everyone fighting the good fight.

Anonymous