Nickodemus Journey

• Day 3 after first rchop

FormerMember
    FormerMember

tired today after day at work - ditto for yesterday.  Interesting to see how Sunday works being first day with no steroids.  Bowels working ok with movicol - still a slight strain - but at least things are moving

Finding it challenging to swallow down 95mg of steroids in form of 7 tablets plus iron tab plus the stomach protector plus the lysin thing to ensure waste flushed through kidneys

On the whole still positive…

• R, Chop day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ok - dear wife drove with me to hospital and stayed all day - always good as she asks all the awkward questions

Sonia our nurse was excellent in explaining how the day would pan out and all the components of the treatment 

She took her time to decide on my best vein (must be good as no bruising today) and hooked it all up.  The retuximab took hours as it goes in so slowly so as not to cause problems- gradually speeded…

• Post pet scan Consultant chat

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good news from consultant as the pets scan shows only one lymphoma in me!  Albeit still the 11cm mass - looks like I'm pregnant in the scan - such a large mass

He went through how such a lymphoma is categorised given biopsy my age Health etc and came in at under 2 which is positive - he still has some concerns it's a double hit lymphoma which is a nastier version

We discussed first chemo session this Tuesday…

• Pet scan day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Arrived at hospital for 09.10 scan - to be told that glucose isotope for the injection had failed a test: who knew! Apparently the isotope is made up in Guildford and then travels to my Bath destination

Luckily the second delivery of isotope late morning was ok to use.  Me very hungry having had nothing since 6pm previous evening

Had the isotope injected around 11 o'clock and then waited for it to infiltrate…

• Day before pet scan

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Re reading all the paperwork to make sure I'm fully prepared 

Drink lots of water, make sure all clothes are metal free (had to buy some ghastly joggers) get a book pile together

Hope they run to time as daughter coming down to do more prep for her wedding in August- 

I wonder if I'll have any hair and more to the point if I'll be fit enough for father of the bride speech?

Wife wonderfully supportive…