Nickodemus Journey

• Operations and stoma

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I didn’t expect that!  

Been in hospital nearly 5 weeks following the bowel pain I had turn into a perforated bowel, 4 operations to control, leaving me with a delightful vertical scar of about 6 inches either side of navel. 

Apparently I hallucinated through the 11 days in ICU.  And bored and dehydrated through the remainder of hospital - many days and nights on saline drips.

Released yesterday with…

• Bloating pain

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Three weeks past last of 6 rchop - waiting on updating petscan due 16 October 

In last 3 days significant stomach and bowel bloating and pain plus diorrhea 

Calming down a bit now - heaven knows what it is??

• Neuropathy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Last chemo session of 6 next Tuesday 

Been relatively ok since last session - although maybe more tired for longer this time

Some mild neuropathy in my toes that I assume I should alert the nurses to?

Onwards and upwards
  • 5th of 6 rchop

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Penultimate rchop tomorrow - I hope - then maybe radiotherapy if advised

Seems ok so far - apart from fatigue from time to time

Any tips as to what to expect from radiotherapy much welcomed 

Nurses at bMI Bath have been outstanding 

• Resolving 'nicely'

FormerMember
    FormerMember

4th Rchop uneventful - good Ned from consultants that the mass is 'resolving nicely' albeit leaving a squashed bit of small bowel that may need resection - but will leave that decision until end of chemo - 2 to go.  Still to decide on radiotherapy as that might hit the bowel too hard 

So much to decide still!

Good couple of weeks and got away for a few days in Port Isaac - snookered this week so resting…