Nickodemus Journey

• Feeling much better - day 16 post rchop

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So - now ok after weekend scare neutropenia apparently.  Maybe a urinary tract infection- results awaited

But feeling good yesterday and today: trip out in Morgan today and even thought about cleaning it - shows I'm feeling better

That said - on penicillin bombs 700mg 3 times a day until Saturday

Still drinking vast quantities of water to avoid repetition.  I lose about 5 pounds each night (sweats) but rehaik…

• Infection interruption

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh dear - I see why I was tired

Saturday morning developed a temperature 38 degrees and called into hospital - here I am 24 hours later full of antibiotic via drip and non stop saline and much perkier! Temp back to normal 

Doc gave a stomach injection of white blood cells (?) and another due shortly

Staying in another night to verify ok to go home

A salutary warning to keep tabs on your temperature or things…

• Tired on day 10

FormerMember
    FormerMember

10 days since rchop - after good day yesterday - very tired today.

Blood pressure seems low so checked in with nurse explaining tired etc

Also seem to have lost half a stone in about a week!  Have been eating (hard work) maybe it's the lymphoma melting!!

Resting now and drinking buckets of water so up and down to the loo day and night adding to tiredness

Otherwise ok - bowels fairly regular with laxido

• 7 days post rchop - tired

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Updated at one week from first rchop chemo

Bowels still ok with help from laxido

No nausea

Quite tired now as evening approaches 

Not wanting to do too much - but otherwise pretty good 

• Day 5 post rchop

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ok - first day no steroids - not too tired so far - been singing 90 mins at charity do - so expecting some tiredness. Napped pre lunch over Observer 

Biotene a saliva miracle has done well to sort out dry mouth and give food some flavour and help appetite 

Bowels working daily with help of Lacido once a day pm

Hoping Monday is not a downer