Nickodemus Journey

• 3rd week

FormerMember
    FormerMember

a good few days - marred only by a cough and cold - now abating

Hoping coming week will see me in continuing good form (if a tad tired) ahead of rchop 3

Good to feel reasonably fit at this stage

• Hair and wedding

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Here we are post 2nd rchop and steroids session finished - in my down week I guess. And quite tired - but did too much yesterday shopping for wedding suit - father if the bride end of August 

Dtr was hoping I wouldn't lose all hair - now getting very thin covering 

On the positive - now fit a snazzy 38 regular suit size - fingers crossed for hair and no more weight loss

Quiet week this week - feel ok bar fatigue…

• Hair falling out

FormerMember
    FormerMember

oh dear - just into 2nd rchop and hair falling out!  Otherwise pretty good - a bit tired as I did too much today notwithstanding the steroids 

Rest tomorrow lamenting what little hair I had is on its way out 

• Second rchop

FormerMember
    FormerMember

went well again with nothing untoward - nurses took amazing care with cannula and time in dripping in the fluids.  Took about 6 hours this time - might be shorter next

Good news that blood pressure a bit better 110 over 70: not brilliant but good for me.  Also other bloods improved so me need for the transfusion that was mooted.  Doc is checking ferretin levels to see if I need more iron 

But constipated today so…

• 2nd RCHOP tomorrow

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So - made it through first cycle relatively unscathed.  Feeling good today and up for round 2 tomorrow

Just got back from blood tests to inform chemo tomorrow 

Good to be on no pills save for allopurinol which don't seem to impact day to day health

No laxido for 5 days and bowels coping fine - interesting to see when I might need again

Blood pressure pretty good - still a bit puffed after any significant…