A Total Whimp's journey

• Steve E

I'm a bit a somewhat nervous as within 2 weeks I was diagnosed as having bladder cancer and had my operation to remove the tumor. Had my follow appointment on Monday to be told I have more treatment to go through. Thinking I had plenty of time before my treatment would start . Then get my appointments through today to my treatment starts this Friday. Bricking is somewhat of a understatement.   But like the old saying…

• (6) 4th Week, and treatment finished - the mask's revenge!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

That's it RT all finished, 20 sessions have just seemed to fly over. I am now at the stage where everything has gone quiet, no more daily trips for treatment, and I just need to concentrate on gaining back the stone and a half of weight that I have lost. 

At the end of my last post, I had 4 sessions left to go, and the throat was quite sore on the week-end, although not unbearable. I was, (and am) still just using…

• (5) Week 3 Complete - Things really come in threes???

FormerMember
    FormerMember

16 down, 4 to go.!  The 3rd week kicked off really well, I had the start of the sore throat last Friday, but  today it is like chewing razor blades and trying to swallow golf balls. I can cope with pain reasonably well, and now that I am over the mask phobia, I was feeling quite pleased with myself, especially when my nurse expected to see a nervous quivering wreck at my clinic review (Monday). She was surprised at how…

• (4) Week two complete

FormerMember
    FormerMember

That's the end of week two of RT. 11 sessions down - 9 to go. I'm in single figures now, and heading the right way! This week, the mask has been no problem whatsoever. I have my (Treatment + Scan) on a Tuesday, which lasts about 15 mins in the mask. The rest of the week is just treatment, which entails approximately 7 minutes in the regalia. I now only take one half of a little helper, which sees me through nicely, and…

• (3) I think I've nearly beaten this phobia !!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

First week of radiotherapy treatment gone over already ! 6 down, 14 to go. After the first treatment in the mask last Friday went without panic, the 20 min sessions on Monday and Tuesday (Scan + treatment) went really well (still with the aid of a little tablet). The rest of the week I barely had time to listen to half way through the second track of my CD when it was mask unclip time, and all over with !! By yesterday…