To have come this far....?

• 25 June, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

OK, so I got to the hospital about 15 mins early - no mags to read and I am so fed up with cancer I wasn't going to get any of the well-read leaflets down AGAIN...

Just after 3pm, I heard my name and looked around to see my BCN. She came up to me and said
    "I didn't know if you would come - I thought that even if you did that you would ask for another BCN and I am sorry about the way the phone call went and what I said…

• 22 June, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Appointment on Friday at 3pm for hospital post-op silly bra fitting, wound and drains check..and hopefully results - though I'm not holding my breath. Will also find out when chemo will begin and when I can start the transfer to Southampton, I hope.

Feeling low and sore, of course, up and down periods all day long. Miss my boy like crazy, it's been almost two months now and I should have been making my plans abut…

• 19 June, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Home yesterday afternoon. Sore, achey and right-boob-less, but it will come ok in the end. Just need to rest up a little now!

Thanks for the love and prayers...

• 14 June, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The Embassy refused to give me clearance to go back to India for five days - even though it is only ten days until my two month enforced gap between visa's is over.

The hospital called while I was on my way back from Dublin and asked that as I cannot go back, would I please come in for Mastectomy surgery on Wednesday.

I have today only, to call my son, on the blo*dy phone an tell him the truth...on the phone, whilst…

• 10 June, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ok, not good news.

The report and meet today showed me that they found and removed the 2.7cm invasive tumour, and dug a bit deeper and found a 6.8cm invasive too. Microscopic clusters in nodes that they removed too. So it's stage 2, grade 3. (I was fearing stage 3 - so I thank God for that)...found a couple of tiny DC's in situ & thank God, 0.06 & 0.70 mm only and not about to 'break out'. She told me it is potentialy…