To have come this far....?

• 4 July, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

To just get a couple of messages from people that you love and people that love you, helps me to get this fight off the ground again. I've had so many messages here and by email and when I feel bad, I re-read them. Sometimes they only help me to remember that someone really does care, or at other times, they help me to get up off this fat ass and try harder.

To have people that you love dearly, is the most wonderful…

• 3 July 2100

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Nothing in life ever goes to plan really, does it? Now, having been looking at and chasing up a place to live from Estate Agents websites for Eastleigh area or Southampton itself, I am at a loss. Housing rent allowance will only be 460 for me - my son will never count as far as what they will allow me to have rent allowance for of course, so I can only go for a 1 bedroomed place, or a two if I can find another 200…

• 2 July, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well, I guess it was a 'normal' day at the hospital on Thursday...

The BCN I have seen a few times wasn't there and a very rushed, younger BCN shouted my name from behind a pillar when it was my turn. I got up and started towards the corridor and the rushed BCN came around the corner almost bumping me over shouting my name again. She talked as she walked, in the end, a long ways ahead of me, and kept stopping and…
  • 28 June, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Bad night last night... sobbing like a baby. Very difficult to bear all this and be alone.  Dear old Don, the old friend in who's extension I'm staying in until I'm permitted to go to Southampton, is sympathetic enough for sure, but it's not quite the same as having a girlfriend to share with.  Yesterday should have been the day that I went to Dublin to put in for yet another India Visa after the enforced…

• 27 June, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Tired, muted and neither here nor there - might be a good way to describe the way I feel at the beginning of this new week. Doesn't everything take so much time? Or perhaps it's us, when we're sick and forget that hospitals are dealing with SO many others who are all waiting for results.

We want things DONE and we want them NOW! That's normal.....we'd like to have everything done and dusted within a few days…