10 June, 2011

2 minute read time.

Ok, not good news.

The report and meet today showed me that they found and removed the 2.7cm invasive tumour, and dug a bit deeper and found a 6.8cm invasive too. Microscopic clusters in nodes that they removed too. So it's stage 2, grade 3. (I was fearing stage 3 - so I thank God for that)...found a couple of tiny DC's in situ & thank God, 0.06 & 0.70 mm only and not about to 'break out'. She told me it is potentialy life threatening and not to forget that at all.......and of course the mastectomy now, followed by Cyclophosphomide/Adramycin(sp) & Taxotere chemotherapy, along with Herceptin for part of the chemo treatment in 6-8 cycles = 24 altogether. If a scan reveals a diagnoses of NED (no evidence of disease) after, I may not have to have radiotherapy, but have hormone blocking treatment for 5 years afterwards until a hopefully, NED is completely obtained, please God.

I am in a different land right now and the shock has not hit me....but then again I did prepare for the worst, whilst hoping for the best. Mets - they think - doing a PET,MRI and bone scan when I come back .... BECAUSE

.............. they have given me written permission to go to Dublin Indian Embassy on Monday (I go up on Sunday) and get clearance to return to India prior to the two month usual gap required & get the visa, hopefully the same day, and to stay until coming back on the followng friday. Thats the 19th, arriving on 20th, and leaving again early mornng on 24th not a nice trip for a few days (13 hours each way from Cork to Chennai with a quick change at Heathrow T5) - about 15 hours travelling time I guess, in total...but my heart will rest more easily when I have had my son on my lap and told him with love.

Then back and mastectomy the following week whilst still getting over the jet lag (which seems to affect me more now I'm....older...hmmm) & a much broken heart at leaving my son again

I've not come down to earth yet, so I' thought I'd write it up now. Tomorrow mght be a different story.

She said also that she had neer seen such beautiful healing of the lumpectomy/node removal sites in her life (thank you Essiac & God and all the prayer) Feel very sore, and unsupported a bit now with the dressings off, but it's nothing I can't get over...if my son can feel happy and get on with his life with all of HIS profound disabilities, then I would be a poor mother if I couldn't get on with the changes arising in my life. My son is my strength and courage.

...too much to focus on right now with Dublin/India coming up.

Blessings to you all this day...this would be a very very lonely journey without you.

Anonymous