The pokemon

• Consultant Consulted

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had to make the trip to London again yesterday to see my Consultant, Mr Skinner. That was a long old day.

We set off extra early because I had a gynae op last week is still taking it's toll and walking is really difficult at the moment. I figured with extra time we could use buses rather than the tube or stop for nice long breaks after any tackling of stairs. It sort of worked.

We parked at East Finchley…

• Optimism

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I seem to be getting off pretty easy.

I've had my pokemon removed and I have a bit of pain where they did the skin graft, but it's not too bad.  I've already got most of the use of my hand back and it's getting better all the time - I'm pretty sure I'll be able to use cutlery or a pen again soon and maybe get back to doing most of my crafts in a month or two.

I've just had confirmation that I…

• Back in limbo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After the brief flurry of activity to get the surgery done it's back to waiting again.  This time we're waiting for the wounds to heal.

Actually, they seem to be doing pretty well.  They hurt a bit, but not too much and the huge scar on my arm from where they took the skin for the graft is looking better every day.  The main surgery area is still bandaged - the skin graft seemed to be taking well but it's still…

• What a difference a week makes

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I spent last week in the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.  Being in hospital is never a fun time, it's just one of the necessary evils we all have to endure.  I think the worst part for me was the hospital food, five days of overcooked tasteless mush *yuck*

I had my surgery on Tuesday.  They removed a chunk of my hand and took a full thickness skin graft from my forearm to replace the bit that's gone.  I'm told…

• Yesterday

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a really good day yesterday.  I went to the East Anglian Mega Moot and saw a load of friends I hadn't seen in ages, listened to some fascinating talks and just generally enjoyed myself.

One of the talks at the moot was about planning your death, that was really interesting.  So much I didn't know before (like if you want to be buried you have to have bought yourself a plot before you die).  I got a couple…