The PCa Man

• PCa Man Update

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello All. Not updated this blog in a while so heres a quick fill in.

It's been a roller coaster of a few months. My op to stabilise my hips went well. I had rods and screws put in, mechanical man now. I then had a second op beg of September to remove a external brace. IM still struggling with bone pain but it's managed well. I've also gained more mobility these last few days and I'm continuing weekly physio.…

• Results

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    After such a anxious weekend waiting for results, I was finally woken by a call on Monday. It was a very anxious drive to the hospital to meet my oncologist and also there was a orthopaedic surgeon. X-rays showed my hips are on the verge of collapsing. I'm therefore being operated on tomorrow (Thursday). 2 metal rods will be pinned into either side of my hips. Hopefully this will reduce pain and improve my mobility. Safe…
  • Waiting

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    The last few weeks have some what been the worst since diagnosis. I'm had increased pain in back and hips, and headache and dizziness that have been causing a nuisance. I visit my gp several times from the start when this occurred. Blood tests revealed a rise in PSA to 17 and I subsequently sent for X-rays and a head ct scan the following day. Head ct scan was clear but X-rays where inconclusive. Ive had a emergency meeting…
  • Vasectomy and prostate cancer risk

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I was reading a article in the Guardian Online about a study carried out by a Harvard scientist. The results of the study showed that men who have had a vasectomy are 10% more likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer and also showed the highest for men who had a vasectomy before the age of 38. Here's the article: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jul/11/vasectomy-prostate-cancer-study As a man who never…
  • Sneezing, coughing and spluttering!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I can't seem to shift this blinking cold. I will of had it a week tomorrow and I wish it would just bog off! All the coughing is giving me a headache (and my wife lol) and keeping me up at night leaving me more tired. Please may this be the last day!