The Life of a Macmillan Intern

• A quiet week...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This entry is going to be short and sweet, and although I say quiet, it never really is! This week has been full of admin work and lots of phone calls. Monday was spent in the York office writing up press releases for local papers and picking out the best photos from last week to attach! A meeting in the afternoon was filled with lots of cups of tea and giggles, (and some work) before the day ended.

The rest of the…

• Coffee, Concussion and a Camera...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I cannot believe another week has gone by!! And what a busy week it has been. Emma and I have been on the road Monday-Wednesday on a ‘photo tour’ of the North East! We have been all over with our coffee props-a large cardboard cut-out of a cake and coffee mug, giant inflatable coffee mugs, our famous green Macmillan t-shirts, Mac the Teddy Bear Mascot and more to take promotional pictures for our World’s Biggest Coffee…

• One week in...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So after an extended process, my Macmillan journey finally began in July!

8th July 2013
    It started with the Volunteer Awards at Castle Hill Hospital's Queen's Centre for Oncology and  in Cottingham, Yorkshire. I met the team of people I would be working closely with, including the other intern EA*. The day consisted of 2 sessions following the same format; a short speech and then a presentation by the different…