Team Chapman!

• Getting tetchy!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I came back home on Tuesday evening after seeing mum was settled on the ward. Andy was leaving for Canada on Wednesday morning so I wanted to see him.

We opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate the success of the surgery and had a takeaway!

Took Andy to the train station on Wednesday morning and felt very emotional. I think that the tiredness is really catching up with me now. I went home and spent the day sorting…

• Post op visit

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went back to the hospital on Tuesday 5th March for afternoon visiting. Thankfully, the Critical Care ward has afternoon visiting hours during the week, unlike the neuro ward she was on before, so we can get in to see her.

She was much brighter, giving the nurses hell - where's afternoon tea?? She did take one of them to one side though to tell her how safe and comfortable she felt and how grateful she was. All the canulas…

• The story so far....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Friday 15 Feb 2013, I got the call that I most dread: my brother telling me my mum had been taken into hospital and a scan showed a lump on her brain.

Friday 22 Feb 2013, the next dreaded call: scans showed that the lump was a tumour, probably malignant, but not sure what level. Its been caught early and they will operate to remove it, analyse it and then agree the best coruse of treatment: radiotherapy, chemo, etc…