pheonixx2's blog

• Uplifting thought

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I received this from 'Thought For The Day' and felt uplifted and so thought would share here. A Long And Healthy Life There are three ingredients for a long and healthy life: live with attention but without worry, use time in a worthwhile way, keep your thoughts pure, positive and filled with strength. Take care pheonix xxx
  • Leaky legs lol!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi there lovely people. Although my skin graft site is healing well (according to all the District Nurses but it still looks like a lump of meat to me!) I am having a big problem with fluid leaking from the skin around the site. I can't go longer than two days before the dressings are soaking wet and I'm leaving heel prints on the floor! Now my leg is begining to swell during the day and feels very tight. I have talked…
  • paying for dressings

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi, sorry it's me again. I had the District Nurse again today as wound still 'wet' (different one from Friday) and she mentioned that as this was going to take a while to heal and I would need it dressed every other day at the moment then I will have to pay for the dressings. This is something that had not even crossed my mind so maybe being a bit naive? The irony is I don't get free prescriptions because of I'm on Statutory…
  • Hospital experience

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well, thought it was time to tell you all about my continuing experiences at the hospital out of my area. Operation day came and set off to be there by 8am as requested (an hour in the car so a really early wake-up call!). Was walked down to Nuclear medicine dept with my legs shaking because I knew how painful these injections were going to be. Ended up having 8. They didn't lie, it was VERY painful! Went down for Op…
  • I'm back!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi everyone, I'm back!! I have really missed being able to go on here and see how you were all doing. I had a quick look and saw that 5 pages have been filled since my last post so I will never be able to respond to everyone but my thoughts have been with you all. The good news - my results are back and they are CLEAR!!!! The skin graft has taken 100% and the donor site is now ready for me to apply E45 cream twice a…