NHL - a journey into the unknown

• Little Victories

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So wet fish is now on holiday - again - he will actually have missed the whole month of August from what I can gather so it was down to the very nice registrar and special to field the questions.  Cue lots of shocked looks and silences when Mark said no to the injections and questioned why he was having six rounds and why we hadn't been given the results of the bone marrow test which was done at the beginning of July and…

• Wobble over, into battle once more

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well to say last week didn't get better would be an understatement, the injections caused so much pain we had a trip to A&E in the early hours of Saturday morning.  We did however, find out that M's white count was high as in well over normal range for someone who is healthy, never mind 3 rounds of chemo in.  At this point M decided to disregard the remaining anti biotics and refused the last injection, can…

• I've had enough now, can this please stop

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've had enough of this journey, can someone please stop the bus so I can get off?  After finding out on Friday that M would need the GSF injections and collecting the kit on Monday I went into a bit of tizz as I'm borderline phobic of needles and I had been told one injection a day for seven days for the rest of treatment, we've a sharps bin big enough to accommodate needles for the next ten years that's just sat…

• That was the week that was...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well we're half way there, third chemo session was Friday just gone and to be honest it could have gone better but then again I don't suppose OH helped himself by drinking a bottle of red the night before.  Completely wiped him out this time but as usual up and at work on Saturday, which is fine but when he crashes there's only me to pick up the pieces.

OH had a bit of a reaction on Friday to one of the drugs…

• So we get a visit at last...and win a battle with the hospital

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today is the day that we get a visit from S-I-L.  I'm not completely convinced she will actually arrive but she's due at 11.50.  I've already planned to go out alone when she gets here and leave her with her brother to talk to him, to convince herself he hasn't grown a second head, he's not green - in fact he hasn't changed at all, he has a somewhat sharper hair style and looks like Bruce Willis in the Die Hard…