New Haw Saint Bladder Cancer journey

• HOME – AGAIN (1 July 2020)

Being hitched up to the IV machine for 6.5 hours a day for the last week has done the job and wife brought me home last night. Bladder flushes are back to every 6 hours, so without hospital noise and light, plus only 1 bag to worry about and being to...
  • STILL IN CHARING CROSS (29 June 2020)

Sunday night was my 5th night in hospital after the problem with my drain bag filling with urine.That’s a night more than I was in after the operation.However, it is much easier being in hospital when you are feeling well, especially as I can g...
  • FRUSTRATION (26 June 2020)

This post is being typed from my hospital bed on Friday 26 June which is 11 days post-op, and I’m here because during my short time back at home I was not cleaning the new bladder correctly. Yesterday I spoke to the same nurse who had said he w...
  • A SETBACK (24 June 2020)

When I left hospital on Friday I mentioned an issue that caused stress, and that same problem has me back in Charing Cross hospital today. Staying the night and potentially tomorrow. I must repeat two things:1. All care I have received has been excel...
  • DAY 1 AT HOME AND MY NEW SKILLS (21 June 2020)

First night at home was dreadful as I had an unrealistic thinking that being in my bed all would be well. It wasn’t. Just as bad as hospital. Maybe should have stayed another night. Even though I do now have a Neobladder, that will take time to...