STILL IN CHARING CROSS (29 June 2020)

1 minute read time.

Sunday night was my 5th night in hospital after the problem with my drain bag filling with urine.
That’s a night more than I was in after the operation.
However, it is much easier being in hospital when you are feeling well, especially as I can go out a couple of times a day.
Wife came over on Saturday and Sunday and we sat in the park and talked which was a real tonic. It was so nice to hug.

Couple of bits of good news.

The IV antibiotics they are giving me are super strong and have to be administered really slowly to protect the veins.
I have these at 13:00 and 01:00 and each takes 2.5 hours. I also have another couple of 30 minute blasts of another antibiotic.
They are doing the job though as white cell counts getting back to normal.
Drain bag no longer containing any urine, and has stopped draining completely for the last 48 hours so the surgeon removed the stent and bag and dressed it.
1 bag gone. Hurrah.
So, the 2 things keeping me here are now well under control so surgeon wants to monitor me one more night without drain bag and assuming ok then home tomorrow.

The other bit of good news is the surgeon gave me some results from tests they have run on my old bladder. I got the impression they do more extensive tests on the complete bladder than the previous biopsies
More CIS (Carcinoma in situ) has been found which surgeon says confirms that it would have been really difficult to cure with chemo/radio therapy. She said RC was 100% the best decision and one that gives me the best long term prognosis.
No cancer found at all in the bladder neck which is the opening to the prostate.
And perhaps the best news is that no cancer found in any of the lymph nodes they removed.

There is another test outstanding, but it really is looking like I am cancer free.

Fingers crossed all is well today and tonight with no drain and then home tomorrow.

Anonymous