My mum has extensive sclc

• Friday february 4th - Panic is setting in!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday I received the outcome letter from my meeting with my Headteacher on Monday.  She had emailed to apologise about it seeming so formal before I received it and telling me not to get hung up with the formality and to assure me the support is there.

As a result I was supposedly prepared for what it might say but when it arrived I was totally taken aback.  I text to arrange to speak to her and I have just come off…

• Monday January 31st - Tonight I feel more hopeful!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had very little sleep last night worrying about my welfare meeting today at 1.30pm.  I was dreading it but I was definitely better at coping with going in and was much more communicative than last time.

This time there was a new HR woman as the other one had left since my last meeting.  I wasn't too keen on her as she fired a few questions at me and I didn't think that was her role.  Don't get me wrong I suppose…

• Wednesday January 26th - Hope!?!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    The saying goes ‘Hope springs eternal!’  People say ‘Don’t give up hope!’, ‘There is always hope!’ but how do we know?

I’ve said those very words many times before, sometimes to myself, sometimes to others who’ve needed reassurance and always believed them but what happens when you can’t see any hope?  When things feel hopeless?  When no matter how hard you try…
  • Monday January 24th 2011 - Still on the rollercoaster!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I got back from Scotland yesterday, having spent 5 days up there with my aunt and uncle.  The weather had kept me from going up sooner and I really felt I had to get up there before I could take more steps forward.  I didn't really know why I felt so strongly I had to get up there until I arrived and then I realised I thought I would feel nearer to mum. 

Strangely once I was there I felt further away from mum and realised…

• Friday January 14th 2011 - 3 months on!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    It’s 3 months today since I held my wee mums hand and said goodbye to her.  I told her I would be ok if she was too tired and needed to go.  I told her my dad, Gran and Auntie would be waiting for her and I’m still confident they were.  Just before she passed away she opened her eyes and smiled at me.  After she took her last breath she looked so peaceful and contented and I’m sure she was happy to see them again…