My mum has extensive sclc

• May 14th 2011 - Devastated 7 months on.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's 7 months today since I lost my best friend in the world, my lovely wee mum.  Many of you have followed my journey as I began to take small steps back into the world after the biggest loss of my life.  After 5 months away from work I returned on a phased return and felt quite positive that I was getting there.  So why is it today that I feel so devastated?  I am absolutely distraught and feel as if I have gone backwards…

• Friday April 22nd 2011 - More small steps to coping!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today, just a little over 6 months since I lost my wee mum, I finished clearing out her bedroom.  Initially I was just going to leave it as it was but every time I went in I felt so sad and it had got to the point where it smelled musty because I just closed the door and never went in.  I had given a lot of mums clothes to my auntie and some things to the hospice shop but there was still a lot to go through. 

A few weeks…

• Sunday April 3rd - My wee mum.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My mum in the rain, Florida 2008. 

Hope you don't mind me posting this photo mum, it makes me smile.  You never went anywhere without your rainmate!!  I used to always cringe when it started raining and out it came now I'd give anything to have you beside me wearing it! 

I hope you are with Gran today as I know how much you missed her just as I am now missing you.  I've not been able to buy you a wee tatty…

• Monday March 14th - 5 months on and learning to walk on my own!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well it's 5 months today since I lost my wee mum.  Sometimes I feel she hasn't been here with me for so long and at other times it seems like it was only yesterday.  Will I ever get over losing her?  No!  Am I learning to cope without her?  Yes!

I'm definitely moving forward and starting to pick up the pieces and move forward.  I am returning to work on March 28th.  The fact that I now feel I can return to work…

• Monday February 7th - Still in a quandary!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'LL JUST POINT OUT THAT I'M BLOGGING TO TRY AND GET MY HEAD AROUND THE CURRENT SITUATION WITH WORK AND WHETHER OR NOT I SHOULD INVOLVE MY UNION SO PLEASE DON'T FEEL YOU NEED TO READ THIS.  IF YOU CHOOSE TO READ IT AND HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE OF THIS I'D APPRECIATE YOUR VIEWS/ADVICE.

Over the weekend I have tried to put this out of my mind without success.  Is Colette really trying to pull a fast one or am I…