deleted

• deleted

FormerMember
    FormerMember

deleted

• Happy Birthday mum, please take care of Charly! - November 8th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today would have been my mums 76th birthday.  Her last birthday on this earth was on November 8th 2009 just 3 days after she was diagnosed with terminal small cell lung cancer.  Mum passed away on October 14th 2010 and so, last year, her birthday was a very sad day for me and I'm not sure I even got out of bed.

Today I learned that our sweet wee Charly earned her pink glittery angel wings.  Mum was diagnosed just weeks…

• One year on - October 14th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I haven't blogged since June 4th when I 'celebrated' my first birthday without my wee mum, it was my 50th and I was devastated that she wasn't with me to celebrate it.  1 year ago today, after fighting so hard and going through a living nightmare, mum lost her battle.  Mum was a very young and fit 73 year old when she was diagnosed with sclc and was a very old and vulnerable 74 year old when I lost her. 

• 50th Birthday - Another first without mum!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've been doing ok for a week or so but could feel the emotion building up over the past few days as I approached my 50th birthday.  Last night the dam burst and I dissolved in tears.  I couldn't stand the thought of spending my 50th without my wee mum.  I have always been with my mum on my birthday and for my 50th the plan was to celebrate it in New York, somewhere neither of us has been but always wanted to go.  Sadly…