My mum has extensive sclc

• Wednesday August 18th 2010 - A small step forward!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have been worrying that mum was getting to used to using her wheelchair and had lost all her confidence.  All the time we were on holiday she used the chair, when originally she wouldn't go near it at all.  She has lost a lot of weight and with all her treatment over the past 9 months had done a lot of sitting about and only went out of the house with me.  She has been complaining of weakness in her legs for a couple…

• Saturday August 15th 2010 - We've had a nice day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum and I got up this morning and decided we'd ring the wig supplier in Blackpool and see if we could get an appointment to try some new wigs.  Mums NHS prescription will only allow her to have certain wigs and it doesn't include monofilament.  We've also found out that while some hospitals will allow you to put your prescription towards a more expensive wig and pay the difference Blackburn doesn't allow this (another…

• Wednesday August 11th 2010 - Not sure what this means!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Some of you may remember that mums potassium was low and her GP asked her to eat a banana a day for a month.  Well she did this religiously even when we were in Spain and on Monday the district nurse came to do her bloods.

This morning mum received a phonecall from the GPs receptionist asking if she was doing ok and informing her that Dr Clayton was going to put a treatment plan in place?  Later on in the afternoon Joan…

• Saturday August 7th 2010 - We're back!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, we've just got back from La Nucia, after a week of relaxation.  The villa was lovely, great pool and good aircon which was very welcome!  The weather was beautiful and we all had a good time except that mums mouth gave her problems throughout the week.  It was a real shame as mum felt really well but her mouth was extremely painful, possibly due to her refusing to remove her denture and also eating a lot of steak…

• Monday July 26th - Very funny!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Any of you who have read my previous blogs will be aware that for the past few weeks mum has had a very sore mouth and that she is thinking of moving in with the dentist she's seen him so many times in the past fortnight!  Today we were there again and he filed down what was left of the right hand side of her top denture so that it is now practically flat with nothing to hold them in place.  She came home armed with…