My mum has extensive sclc

• Saturday September 25th - Evening visiting and beyond!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum was still much better when I went back tonight.  She passed on the stew as she had had lentil soup and ice cream with banana, however, she didn't pass on the mullerice (apple flavour!).  She asked what was on TV tonight and got me to put it on ready for x-factor.  To let you understand she is a TV fanatic and is glued to it all day but for the past few days hasn't even seemed aware that TV existed!

After she…

• Saturday September 25th - Afternoon visiting, marked improvement!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Seeing how confused mum was yesterday I was really apprehensive about going in today; worried that she would have deteriorated even further.  She was much brighter and didn't seem to be confused at all although still groggy and weak.  She was engaging in conversation and insisted I take her out for a cig (Sorry Anna, if you read this, only thing she enjoys so not going to take it away from her now).  I tried to tell…

• Friday September 24th - Another stressful day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

THIS IS ANOTHER OF MY RANTS SO PLEASE DON'T FEEL YOU NEED TO READ IT.

When I came away from the hospital last night I felt much happier leaving mum there but tonight I could have happily wheeled her out of there and brought her home.

This morning when I rung to see how mum was I was told that she would be having her CT scan at 11.20am and the results would be back by around 5pm.  I arrived at the hospital at 2.30pm…

• Thursday September 23rd - A productive day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This morning I phoned the ward to ask how mum was.  The nurse was lovely and said she had just been speaking to mum.  I said I would ring mum on her patient phone if she was awake and the nurse said she'd go and help mum answer the phone when I rung which she did.  Mum was a bit vague but she did tell me she had had her bloods done and had had porridge and a roll for her breakfast.

At 9.30am I arrived at the hospice…

• Wednesday September 22nd - What a nightmare of a day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

DON'TFEEL YOU HAVE TO READ THIS RANT.  I JUST NEED TO GET IT ALL OUT AND THIS IS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO DO IT.

Mum was taken in to hospital yesterday so that she could receive better care than I was able to provide at home whilst her sodium levels are so low.  The idea was that they would be able to stabilise her by bringing her sodium level up.  What a joke! 

I got to the Medical assessment unit at 2pm to find my…